Monday, October 20, 2008

It's not easy being green


Tonight, as I sat at the back of a carpool, on my way home from watching an extremely hilarious movie about stoners on the run from their dealers, which beared such classic lines like "Can't you see my armpit? It doesn't have hair. I'm totally aerodynamic when I fight. So you should be scared.", I was staring at the damp asphalt floor of EDSA.
It reflected the dominant colors of yellow and red from all the Mickey Dees & Jollibees and Shell gas station strategically located along the road. In color theory, warmer colors dominate less warm colors but when there is complimentary cool color, it will stand out in the foreground, dominating both warm colors. And in one particularly fascinating moment, there was a convergence, rarely seen in cityscapes, of a mild yellow light from a motorbike beside a sedan car that had a luminous aqua halogen lamp. Both light met, drenched with fresh rain water, lying on the busy road of EDSA. It was a particular shade of green. Perhaps emerald. It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment