Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Maybe I really just don't want to

One of the most fascinating things about life that never fails to amuse me with disbelief is that often times I obsesses on songs I've only heard remotely and a few vague times in the very far past. Take for example my current obsession with The Strokes' "What Ever Happened". I remember obtaining a copy of Room on Fire years back then but never really actually paying any genuinely interested attention to it aside from trying to fake it because they were the hot band then and Julian was the guy all my waif gay friends then jacked off to. But today... well... yesterday, I couldn't get the first few lines of that song out of my regular cerebral processing all day. I'm amazed at how vividly I remember the quality and texture of Julian's voice crooning the lines "I wanna be forgetten... I don't wanna be reminded".
Maybe this has something to do with this

Oh Julian... you just get better with more figures on your age and length on your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment